Iberia Medical Center is a not-for-profit, award-winning hospital committed to improving the health and quality of life of its community. From humble beginnings as an endeavor of the local Lions Club, Iberia Medical Center was created through the establishment of Hospital Service District No. 1 in 1951. Additional collaboration with the Iberia Parish Police Jury resulted in the opening of Iberia Parish Hospital September 13, 1960.
Today, Iberia Medical Center is home to over 30 medical specialties provided by over 140 physicians. With the addition of its North campus, services at the Lewis Street location include the Women’s Diagnostic Center, 14-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit, Advanced Wound Center, outpatient Rehab Center, Hepatology Clinic and inpatient and outpatient behavioral health.
Iberia Medical also provides services through the Jeanerette Rural Health Clinic, Cancer Center of Acadiana-New Iberia Clinic, Sleep Center and the IMC Physician Network.